Friday, May 21, 2010

You're the only song I hear in this great wondering mess in my ears.

When is the right time to let someone in? After a week, after 6 dates, after 4 years? When do we really know someone enough to trust that they won't hurt us? I have absolutely no idea how to answer my own questions and when I think about it all I feel so suffocated. But something about this man makes it easy to breathe. I'm not the easiest person to love. I'm timid and insecure sometimes. And sometimes I can be completely out of control. I'm not typically one that likes to be tied down. Even when I feel tied down I'm still keeping my eye out and my options open. But when he is here, I can't see far enough past "us" to even recognize or remember that there is a world outside. It's so strange to be around someone and just be nice to eachother. It is such a different feeling to be appreciated and adored. He let's me laugh over everything and cry over nothing. I tell him what I want to do and he never complains. I walk out of the shower with my hair dripping wet and mascara running down my face and the first thing he does when he see's me is walk up to me, squeeze me tight and tell me how beautiful I am. I don't know what we are doing. I don't know if we are anything at all, but I do know that he is making it easier and easier for me to let my guard down a little more each time I see him.


No comments:

Post a Comment