Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You're so beautiful.

I know you don't want to leave here to go back to the place you're from, so don't you worry about a thing. You lay still while I do all the work. We can't stay, but while we have time, let's make it worth it. I see you there with your armour and your make believe army, but I still see you. Your forged beliefs mean nothing to me. I wish you could see what I see. See that you're ridiculous guard is keeping your heart from everyone including yourself. Lay your defenses down, and be here now. Show me who you are behind it all. Because no matter what you've convinced yourself of, I'm not running. I'm here standing still in front of you with my heart in my palm and my arms spread wide. Patiently. And I know they'll say it's wrong for us to love and speak the way we do, but that won't stop me anyhow. It's you. It's been you all along. And when the moment finally comes that they attack, we may be bare but we'll be prepared. And no apologies will be made because happiness will be our true defeat. I know that with you next to me, we can stand strong together. But for now, lay your defenses down and be here now

No comments:

Post a Comment